Shoepeg Corn Side Dish
I took this dish to a potluck and everyone asked for the recipe. If shoepeg corn isn't available in your region, then regular canned corn works well in this recipe, too. —Gloria Schutz, Trenton, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup French-fried onions
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with onions during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 211 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Shoe Peg Corn Casserole in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.