Shiitake Scrambled Eggs in Puff Pastry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups upside-down on a large baking sheet. Grease outsides of ramekins well. Cut puff pastry into quarters; shape each quarter around a ramekin Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in spinach until wilted; remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Gently stir in goat cheese, chili sauce and mushroom mixture.
- Carefully remove pastries from ramekins and place right-side up on individual serving plates. Line bottoms and sides of pastries with prosciutto. Fill with egg mixture; sprinkle with tarragon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 21, 2019
The is a Wow Oh Wow I am Keeping This Filed At The Top Of My List recipe. So easy, and inexpensive to make. Fast, little mess, basic instructions, impressive on the plate. The flavors were spectacular. I did add some oven roasted asparagus tips, very al dente, with the filling and the whole dish was over the top good.