Looking for an easy way to dress up dinner veggies and make them something special? Here’s a quick tasty solution from our Test Kitchen that goes together in no time flat—and goes with a variety of main dishes.
Recommended: 23 Chicken and Vegetable Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg, optional
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the peas, sherry or broth, onion, salt, pepper and nutmeg if desired; cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring once. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sherried Peas in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p51
Reviews forSherried Peas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review