Sherried Mushroom Baked Potatoes
Each week my husband and I have steak with a potato variation, like these tangy baked spuds. How can you go wrong with mushrooms and sherry? —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 25 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in sherry. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 14-16 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with milk, sour cream and chives. Stir in mushroom mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Return to baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato half: 248 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Sherried Mushroom Baked Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.