Sherried Artichoke Chicken
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Combine the paprika, salt and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until browned on both sides. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with artichokes; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Stir in broth and tarragon. Bring to a boil. Combine the flour and sherry or additional broth until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 263 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 815mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 23, 2013
Delicious. Served to guests who ate all of it.
Oct 28, 2011
We enjoyed the flavor that the artichokes and sherry gave this dish. I didn't taste much tarragon, so I'll increase it to a full teaspoon next time. I served it with Jasmine rice.
Aug 6, 2010
This recipe is awesome. I have served it multiple times to guests, and they always love it. My mother-in-law even asked for the recipe and subsequently served it at a party! The only change I make is I use 1 lb of chicken tenderloins, as they are easier to cook evenly.