- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal, finely crushed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint each pineapple, raspberry and lime sherbet
- 1. In a bowl, combine the butter, cereal and brown sugar until crumbly. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In another bowl, combine whipped topping, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over crust. Arrange small scoops of sherbet over the top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and freeze until firm.
1 piece: 323 calories, 16g fat (11g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
Would this work using Splenda instead of sugar? I need to cut down on sugar, but the recipe sounds great?
May 4, 2009
I love this recipe- I have used it many times- it's quite refreshing, and yet my only complaint is that I love the "crust" and reserved crumbs so much that I now make a little more than the recipe asks for- because you want it w/ every bite!