Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 2-1/2 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 2 cups orange sherbet, softened
- 1-3/4 cups raspberry sherbet, softened
- 3/4 cup lemon sherbet, softened
- Whipped topping, flaked coconut and blue liquid food coloring
- Line a 9-in. round pan with waxed paper. Firmly press the lime sherbet into a 1-in. ring around the edge of pan. Smooth inside of the ring with a metal spatula or butter knife. Immediately form rings with orange and raspberry sherbet. Smooth inside ring; fill in center with lemon sherbet. Freeze overnight or until firm. Loosen edge with a knife. Invert onto a 12-in. square piece of waxed paper. Remove waxed paper from top of sherbet. Cut in half. Press two halves together, forming a half circle. Smooth rounded edge. Transfer rainbow, cut side down, to a freezer-proof serving platter. Just before serving, spoon whipped topping "clouds" at each end of rainbow if desired. Tint coconut with food coloring; sprinkle over topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 143 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 11, 2010
The only change I made was to make the rainbow more true to life by putting red on the outside, then orange, then yellow, and green in the center, adjusting the amounts of sherbet accordingly.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.