Sherbet Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 3 cups each raspberry, orange and lime sherbet
- 3 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Raspberries and orange and lime slices, optional
- Using a 1/4-cup ice cream scoop, shape sherbet into balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 qt. vanilla ice cream, 1 cup pecans and 1 cup chocolate chips. Spread into a 10-in. tube pan.
- Alternately arrange 12 sherbet balls, four of each color, against the center tube and outer edge of pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread with 1 qt. ice cream; freeze for 30 minutes. Top with remaining sherbet balls. Combine remaining ice cream, pecans and chips; spread over sherbet balls. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Run a knife around edge of pan; dip pan in lukewarm water until loosened. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Frost with whipped cream. Return to freezer. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries and orange and lime slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 605 calories, 38g fat (18g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 13, 2016
Sims a great combination. My family loves this but certainly prefers it without the chocolate chips. This is also a crowd pleaser because it is so gorgeous on thneplate.
Mar 31, 2015
Carolinerbain... see #5 above, 2nd sentence...Frost with whipped cream!
Mar 31, 2015
You don't say about covering it with Whipped Cream but assume you do! I rated it so I could put in this comment.
Jun 24, 2014
I have made this using lemon, lime and orange sherbet and leave out the pecans!!!
Apr 24, 2014
Beautiful end result. No where worth the time to make. In essence, it's a piece of ice cream! That's a lot of work for look without substance. Glad I tried it but won't be making it again
Apr 19, 2014
I wonder how it will taste if I replace the lime, orange and raspberry sherbet to Schwan's Passion Fruit sherbet.
Feb 21, 2011
I made this recipe several years ago and received many compliments. My husband especially loved it. I thought that I had lost the recipe, and now I'm so excited to have found it , I will not loose it again!
Jul 22, 2010
This is a wonderful recipe. Turned out exactly as pictured. This will be my 4th time to use this recipe. Thank goodness I was able to find it online. I had lost it from my recipe box.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.