Sherbet Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 3 cups each raspberry, orange and lime sherbet
- 3 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Raspberries and orange and lime slices, optional
- Using a 1/4-cup ice cream scoop, shape sherbet into balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 qt. vanilla ice cream, 1 cup pecans and 1 cup chocolate chips. Spread into a 10-in. tube pan.
- Alternately arrange 12 sherbet balls, four of each color, against the center tube and outer edge of pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread with 1 qt. ice cream; freeze for 30 minutes. Top with remaining sherbet balls. Combine remaining ice cream, pecans and chips; spread over sherbet balls. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Run a knife around edge of pan; dip pan in lukewarm water until loosened. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Frost with whipped cream. Return to freezer. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries and orange and lime slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 605 calories, 38g fat (18g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 13, 2016
Sims a great combination. My family loves this but certainly prefers it without the chocolate chips. This is also a crowd pleaser because it is so gorgeous on thneplate.
Mar 31, 2015
Carolinerbain... see #5 above, 2nd sentence...Frost with whipped cream!
Mar 31, 2015
You don't say about covering it with Whipped Cream but assume you do! I rated it so I could put in this comment.
Jun 24, 2014
I have made this using lemon, lime and orange sherbet and leave out the pecans!!!
Apr 24, 2014
Beautiful end result. No where worth the time to make. In essence, it's a piece of ice cream! That's a lot of work for look without substance. Glad I tried it but won't be making it again
Apr 19, 2014
I wonder how it will taste if I replace the lime, orange and raspberry sherbet to Schwan's Passion Fruit sherbet.
Feb 21, 2011
I made this recipe several years ago and received many compliments. My husband especially loved it. I thought that I had lost the recipe, and now I'm so excited to have found it , I will not loose it again!
Jul 22, 2010
This is a wonderful recipe. Turned out exactly as pictured. This will be my 4th time to use this recipe. Thank goodness I was able to find it online. I had lost it from my recipe box.