Looking to save some time when preparing for a party? Throw together this creamy crowd-pleaser and freeze it a day or two before the event. The combination of raspberry and chocolate in this dessert is delightful, but it's also good made with lime sherbet, vanilla sandwich cookies and walnuts. —Donna Carper, South Jordan, Utah
Featured In: 25 Cool Ice Cream Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 gallon raspberry sherbet, softened
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 15 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- Additional chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, optional
- Place sherbet in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff. Break each cookie into six pieces; fold into cream mixture with almonds. Spoon over sherbet. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Garnish with additional cookies if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Sherbet Cookie Delight in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p46