Sherbet Angel Torte
For a dramatic dessert, you can't miss with this torte, shared by Amy Nichols of Brownville, Maine. "It's a wonderful make-ahead treat," Amy assures.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar raspberry preserves, warmed
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Freeze the cake for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a freezer-safe serving plate; top with about 1 cup sherbet. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Fill center with remaining sherbet. Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Gently spread preserves over top of cake.
- Loosely cover and store in freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife. Garnish with raspberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars.
Originally published as Sherbet Angel Torte in Taste of Home August/September 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.