VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 prepared angel food cake (16 ounces)
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar raspberry preserves, warmed
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Freeze the cake for at least 2 hours or overnight. Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a freezer-safe serving plate; spread with about 1 cup sherbet. Repeat layers. Add top cake layer. Fill center with remaining sherbet. Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Gently spread preserves over top of cake. Loosely cover and store in freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sherbet Angel Torte in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p16