I combined chicken and pineapple for a different flavor on our fajitas. It's more on the sweet side but my family loved them!
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins, halved lengthwise
- 1 large red or sweet onion, halved and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: pico de gallo, sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese blend and sliced avocado
- Lime wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix first five ingredients; stir in chicken. Add onion, peppers, pineapple, honey and lime juice; toss to combine. Spread evenly in two greased 15x10x1-in. pans.
- Roast 10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through cooking. Remove pans from oven; preheat broiler.
- Broil chicken mixture, one pan at a time, 3-4 in. from heat until vegetables are lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink, 3-5 minutes. Serve in tortillas with toppings and lime wedges as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken Fajitas in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018