Sheet-Pan Chicken Parmesan
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg. In a separate shallow bowl, stir together the next five ingredients. Dip chicken breast in egg; allow excess to drip off. Then dip in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Repeat with remaining chicken. Place chicken breasts in center third of baking pan. Spritz with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread broccoli in a single layer along both sides of sheet pan (if broccoli is frozen, break pieces apart). Return to oven; bake 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven.
- 4. Preheat broiler. Spread marinara sauce over chicken; top with shredded cheese. Broil chicken and broccoli 3-4 in. from heat until cheese is golden brown and vegetables are tender, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
1 serving: 504 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 1151mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 8g fiber), 52g protein.
Oct 17, 2018Really easy and quick to make recipe. Loved it and using the broiler definitely made it just that much better. Also basil tasted great with it :)
Jun 12, 2018
Taste really good ... I used (Castelli "Garden Select" tomato & basil marinara sauce) great taste ... Unfortunately my broccoli started to burn slowly... Next time I'll put the broccoli a little bit later during cooking ... I cooked my chicken for 20 minutes... Then added my broccoli cooked another 20 minutes... Chicken wasn't fully cooked that's y I had to cook another 20 minutes not 10 .. then put my marinara sauce?n cheese on boil for 3 minutes.. I wish I could've done it for 5 minutes or longer but that's when my broccoli started to burn had to pull out ... My whole family loved it... Only Thing I would do different like I said is put broccoli few minutes before boil .. I had fresh not frozen broccoli.... Thank you... I served it with rice ... MARINARA SAUCE MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE !! MAKE SURE U PICK A GOOD ONE !! ?
Jun 11, 2018
Should chicken already be cooked before coating with egg and bread crumb mixture?