VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat a 15x10x1-in. sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg. In a separate shallow bowl, stir together the next five ingredients. Dip chicken breast in egg; allow excess to drip off. Then dip in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Repeat with remaining chicken. Place chicken breasts in center third of baking sheet. Spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread broccoli in a single layer along both sides of sheet pan (if broccoli is frozen, break pieces apart). Return to oven; bake 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler. Spread marinara sauce over chicken; top with shredded cheese. Broil chicken and broccoli 3-4 in. from heat until cheese is golden brown and vegetables are tender, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan in Taste of Home February/March 2018