Sharp Cheddar Turnovers
These savory little snacks are so good, it's hard to eat just one! With cheddar cheese peeking out from the golden brown pastry, they're irresistible.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and water until smooth. Gradually beat in flour until blended. Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese and 1 egg. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 teaspoon of filling on one side of each circle. Moisten edges; fold dough over filling and press edges together firmly with a fork to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Beat remaining egg; brush over turnovers. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 80 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.