Shamrock Mint Cookies
My kids have fun helping me make these cute cookies. Although these festive morsels are really meant for St. Patrick's Day, my family requests them year-round.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, extract and food coloring. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into three 8-in. logs; roll in colored sugar. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. To form shamrocks, place three slices with sides touching 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Use a portion of another slice for stem.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 181 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Shamrock Cookies in Best of Country Cookies