Shamrock Mint Cookies
My kids have fun helping me make these cute cookies. Although these festive morsels are really meant for St. Patrick's Day, my family requests them year-round.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, extract and food coloring. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into three 8-in. logs; roll in colored sugar. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. To form shamrocks, place three slices with sides touching 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Use a portion of another slice for stem.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 181 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Shamrock Cookies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.