VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute shallots in oil until tender. Stir in the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Drain beans and add to skillet. Add basil and lemon peel; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shallot & Basil Green Beans in Reminisce December/January 2012, p52