Shaker Herb 'n' Meatball Soup Recipe
- 2 quarts beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first 12 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. In a bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Shape into 1-in. balls; drop into soup. Cover and simmer for 2 hours. Yield: 12-14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 114 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Shaker Herb 'n' Meatball Soup
"I doubled the seasonings in the soup (not the meatballs) and doubled the cabbage. good flavor!"