Shake and Scramble
This is a fast and hearty egg recipe. To make it even easier to prepare, I cut up the turkey and the vegetables, shred the cheese and freeze them in 1/2-cup portions. So when I want to serve this dish, I simply take out the number of bags needed. -Carla Reid, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped green and/or sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a container with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and shake until well mixed.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 456 calories, 33g fat (18g saturated fat), 521mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Shake and Scramble in Reminisce Extra August 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.