Seven-Layer Cake Recipe
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press one fourth of the mixture into the pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread vanilla ice cream over crumbs. Sprinkle with another fourth of crumbs; press down gently. Freeze for 45-60 minutes or until firm. Spread with chocolate ice cream. Sprinkle with another fourth of the crumbs; press down gently. Freeze until firm. Spread with the strawberry ice cream, then top with the remaining crumbs (pan will be very full). Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Using the foil, lift cake from pan; discard foil. Cut cake with a serrated knife. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 352 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Seven-Layer Cake
"I have tried this recipe and my family loves it!"