Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3/4 pound
- 2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- Grease the sides of a large heavy saucepan with 2 teaspoons butter. Add the corn syrup and remaining butter; cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Add sugar and sesame seeds; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir until mixture turns a golden brown and a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape sides of saucepan). Spread evenly. Cool; break into pieces.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1/2 ounce-weight: 102 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 24, 2011
A wonderful addition to my xmas tray, this is indeed easy to make. Just watch and stir carefully when getting to the hard-crack stage, this could easily burn. Very, very tasty!