Sesame Steak Sandwich
I found this recipe in a book that I bought in a hospital gift shop more than 25 years ago. It's a hit with family and friends every time I make it.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef cube steak (4 ounces)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 sesame seed hamburger bun, split
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 tomato slice
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over meat. In a skillet, cook meat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Place meat and a slice of cheese on the bottom of the bun. Broil open-faced sandwich 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bun is toasted. Spread mayonnaise over bun top. Place lettuce and tomato slices on cheese. Cover with bun top.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 527 calories, 31g fat (9g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1045mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Steak Sandwich in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook