Sesame Spinach Salad
Toasted sesame seeds are a nice contrast to the hearty ingredients and thick creamy dressing in this spinach salad. "I make this dish at least once a month," says Sue Collins of Shawnee, Kansas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- CREAMY DRESSING:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach, tomatoes, avocados, shrimp, mushrooms, eggs and sesame seeds. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat.