Sesame Sole Recipe
"A friend regularly supplies us with a fresh catch of fish," notes Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey. "In this quick and easy recipe, sesame seeds add crunch and a tasty coating to the fillets."
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 sole or orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine the mustard, tomato paste, tarragon and salt; spread on both sides of fillets. Place buttermilk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine sesame seeds and flour. Dip fillets in buttermilk, then coat with sesame seed mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 207 calories, 15g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Sole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC