Sesame Snap Peas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peas and red pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 70 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 8, 2012
4.5 Stars: These are good, even tho my teenager would not let me add the red pepper. It would be much better with those. The next time, I will decrease the butter and soy sauce, or use more snap peas.
Aug 26, 2010
Absolutely wonderful. I think I've made this 3 times since I got my magazine, and I've already got more sugar snap peas in the fridge for tonight. YUM.
Aug 16, 2010
My family has recently discoved Sugar Snap peas in the produce section. I love to add them to pasta salads. But this was a terrific recipe to go along with the Asian pork loin. Everyone loved it! NO leftovers!
Jul 28, 2010
Crisp, sweet and beautiful! I used light butter and it worked just fine.