Sesame Sirloin Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak (about 3/4 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic, oil, brown sugar, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pierce steak on both sides with a fork; place in the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill the steak, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 456 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1964mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Apr 22, 2013
This was so good! My husband and kids were raving about it. The marinade makes the meat tender and has a great flavor.
May 11, 2010
Sesame sirloin steak is a simple, easy meal to make and one my family simply loves. We make it whenever we have all the ingredients and it's definitely a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.