Sesame Shrimp Rice Salad
Crispy snow peas, red pepper and onion, plus tender shrimp are combined in this refreshing salad. The light sesame dressing is mildly seasoned with ginger and soy. Sunshine Wall shares the recipe from her home in Jacksonville, Florida.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add peas; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, rice, onion, red pepper, parsley and snow peas. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.