A handful of convenience items and a flash in the skillet allows you to put a delightfully flavorful, high-quality meal on the table in minutes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 26 Healthy Meals in a Bowl
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sesame ginger salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Microwave rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry snow peas and onions in oil for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, pineapple, oranges and salad dressing; cook until heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Shrimp & Rice in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p51
Reviews forSesame Shrimp & Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2013
"A simple and light meal"