Sesame Seed Coating Mix Recipe
"I like to use this coating on pork strips, chicken breasts and fish fillets," notes Katie Koziolek of Hartland, Minnesota. "It also turns these stuffed pork chops into an elegant dinner."
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR PORK CHOPS CORDON BLEU:
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Monetery Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 4 batches (about 2 cups total).
- 2. To prepare pork chops: With a sharp knife, cut a pocket in the side of each chop almost to the bone. Stuff with ham and cheese. Place 1/2 cup coating mix in a shallow bowl.
- 3. Brush both sides of chops with butter, then dip into coating. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Turn chops over; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 481 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 1380mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 48g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Seed Coating Mix
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC