I made this easy bu elegant weeknight recipe often. The noodles have a wonderful citrus tang with a hint of basil and a bit of crunch form the toasted sesame seeds.
Recommended: 34 Skinny, Guilt-Free Tailgate Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups wide no-yolk noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return noodles to pan. Add the basil, butter, lemon juice, salt and lemon and orange peels. Toss to coat, adding reserved cooking liquid if needed to moisten noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Seed Citrus Noodles in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p27
Reviews forSesame Seed Citrus Noodles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review