Sesame Seed Citrus Noodles
I made this easy bu elegant weeknight recipe often. The noodles have a wonderful citrus tang with a hint of basil and a bit of crunch form the toasted sesame seeds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups wide no-yolk noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return noodles to pan. Add the basil, butter, lemon juice, salt and lemon and orange zests. Toss to coat, adding reserved cooking liquid if needed to moisten noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 136 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Sesame Seed Citrus Noodles in Light & Tasty October/November 2004