Sesame Salmon Spread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy. Add the salmon, sour cream, garlic, sesame seeds, Liquid Smoke if desired, cilantro, parsley, dill, salt and pepper; beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 82 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 3, 2013
I love salmon, but this was far too heavy in salmon taste for an appetizer. Not creamy enough. The sesame seeds added no flavor. I like the concept, but I would reduce the amount of salmon, increase the amount of sour cream, and omit the seeds.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.