- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy. Add the salmon, sour cream, garlic, sesame seeds, Liquid Smoke if desired, cilantro, parsley, dill, salt and pepper; beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews forSesame Salmon Spread
"I love salmon, but this was far too heavy in salmon taste for an appetizer. Not creamy enough. The sesame seeds added no flavor. I like the concept, but I would reduce the amount of salmon, increase the amount of sour cream, and omit the seeds."