Sesame Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- TO SERVE:
- 12 multigrain hamburger buns, split
- Wasabi mayonnaise, optional
- 1. Place tenderloins in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; pour 3/4 cup salad dressing over pork, turning to coat. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 4-5 hours.
- 2. Remove pork; cool slightly. Shred meat into bite-sized pieces; return to slow cooker. Stir in brown sugar and remaining salad dressing. Cook, covered, until heated through, 30-45 minutes longer.
- 3. Combine slaw ingredients. Serve pork on buns with slaw and, if desired, mayonnaise. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Newman’s Own Sesame Ginger Dressing.
Health Tip: Cuts of pork with "loin" in the name, like pork tenderloin and pork loin, are some of the leanest options. However, pork tenderloin will shred much more easily than pork loin, making it a a great lean meat choice for pulled pork sandwiches.
1 sandwich: 324 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Sesame Pulled Pork Sandwiches
"Very good and different way to make pork."
"Very good...I used Kraft's Asian Ginger Dressing. Really good flavor. I like the coleslaw on it also."
"quick and tasty."