Sesame Pork with Cabbage
I created this recipe after sampling a similar version while living in Korea. People always comment on the nice combination of crunchy cabbage and tender pork.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless pork, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in oil until no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients. Cover; reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 84 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Pork with Cabbage in Country Pork
Feb 9, 2012
We loved it. The cayenne was a very nice touch. I rubbed the meat with salt, garlic powder and cayenne before sauteeing it, then added a tablespoon of brown sugar, shredded carrots and chopped peanuts along with the cabbage.