Sesame Pork with Cabbage
I created this recipe after sampling a similar version while living in Korea. People always comment on the nice combination of crunchy cabbage and tender pork.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless pork, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in oil until no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients. Cover; reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 84 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 9, 2012
We loved it. The cayenne was a very nice touch. I rubbed the meat with salt, garlic powder and cayenne before sauteeing it, then added a tablespoon of brown sugar, shredded carrots and chopped peanuts along with the cabbage.