Sesame Pork Kabobs
My son and daughter-in-law discovered this recipe while living in Japan. Folks always comment on the wonderful marinade and crunchy sesame seeds.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), trimmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut pork into 1/4-in. thick slices; add to marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- On each of six long metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread beef. Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 9-12 minutes or until meat is tender, turning once.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 156 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Sesame Pork Kabobs in Country Pork
Oct 20, 2016
Very good. I served with an asian inspired rice dish as a side but these were clearly the star of the show.
Feb 22, 2010
I make this all of the time and it is A-mazing!