Sesame Green Beans ‘n’ Water Chestnuts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans (about 5 cups), trimmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the beans, water chestnuts, mushrooms and garlic in canola oil and sesame oil for 5-6 minutes or until almost tender. Add the water, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until beans are tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 87 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Dec 9, 2018
I have been making this since 2004 - should have rated it long ago! It is a favorite of several family members. I use a bag of frozen green beans (we actually like the frozen better than fresh) and use an 8 oz container of mushrooms but otherwise follow the recipe. Very tasty!! Thanks, Dot, for sharing.