Sesame-Ginger Steak Salad Recipe
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sesame ginger vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup fresh snow or sugar snap peas
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Brush steak with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook steak in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 2. Divide salad mix among four plates. Top with radishes, onions, cucumber, peas, tomatoes and cilantro. Arrange sliced steak over salads; drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 300 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.