Sesame Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, sesame seeds, sage, thyme and paprika. Set aside 1/4 cup. Dip chicken in milk, then dredge or shake in remaining flour mixture.
- 2. Heat 1/2 in. of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken on both sides until golden brown and juices run clear, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. Drain oil, leaving drippings in pan. Stir in reserved flour mixture until bubbly; add chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Variation: Cut chicken into strips before coating with flour mixture and use the gravy as a dipping sauce.
Reviews for Sesame Fried Chicken
"I agree with the previous reviewer that the flour mixture needed salt, even after I added some it still needed more. I, however, did not make the gravy, so that could have helped. I thought the chicken was good and so did my kids, but my husband did not really care for it. Next time I would like to try it with the gravy,"
"The only reason i didn't give this a 5, was the flour mixture needed a bit of salt. The aroma of it cooking was fantastic...everyone ran to the table when I announced it was done. It took a LOT longer to fry since I used bone-in thighs, but it tasted great.It got everyone's vote for a do-over...and my son said "MMMMMMmmm" upon first bite. =)"