Sesame Flank Steak
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but I've modified it over the years to suit my family's taste.—Karen Bouton, Kent, Washington
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Score steak and place in a large shallow glass container. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or over night. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat until the meat reaches desired doneness for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 172 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Sesame Flank Steak in Country Woman July/August 2000