Sesame Crusted Tuna with Asian Slaw
This is a healthy light dinner perfect for a hot summer night. Even better, it can be on the table in 20 minutes! —Jackie Campbell, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) shredded red cabbage (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium pear, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- Place first six ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with 1/4 cup dressing and salt.
- Place remaining dressing and sesame seeds in separate shallow bowls. Dip tuna in dressing, then in sesame seeds to coat both sides.
- In a large skillet, cook tuna over medium-high heat until medium-rare to slightly pink in center, 2-3 minutes per side. Serve with slaw.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 534 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 7g fiber), 46g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Crusted Tuna with Asian Ginger Slaw in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.