Sesame Crusted Tuna with Asian Slaw
This is a healthy light dinner perfect for a hot summer night. Even better, it can be on the table in 20 minutes! —Jackie Campbell, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) shredded red cabbage (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium pear, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- Place first six ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with 1/4 cup dressing and salt.
- Place remaining dressing and sesame seeds in separate shallow bowls. Dip tuna in dressing, then in sesame seeds to coat both sides.
- In a large skillet, cook tuna over medium-high heat until medium-rare to slightly pink in center, 2-3 minutes per side. Serve with slaw.