To promote the pork industry in Minnesota, I started out a contestant in county events, then won with this recipe at the Minnesota State Fair in 1975. The mix of Asian flavors lends a unique touch.
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 5 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the roast; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; pour water into pan. Bake at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Sesame-Crusted Pork Loin in Reminisce May/June 2005, p48
Reviews forSesame-Crusted Pork Loin
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review