Sesame Coconut Cookies
Even folks who normally pass on coconut treats can't resist these crisp butter cookies. They make a nice accompaniment to a hot cup of coffee or tea. —Roberta Myers, Elwood, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the coconut, sesame seeds and almonds.
- Shape into three 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 128 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sesame Coconut Cookies in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002