Sesame Cilantro Chicken
Slightly sweet, super juicy and drizzled with a wonderfully Asian-inspired sauce, this chicken is definitely delicious enough to serve guests. Wild rice would make an easy side. —Brittany Bowen, Flagstaff, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place chicken in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the honey, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and cilantro; spoon 1/4 cup honey mixture over chicken. Set aside the remaining mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Spoon reserved mixture over chicken; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 328 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Honey Cilantro Chicken in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010
Jan 18, 2018
We all enjoyed it. Gets to be pretty sweet if you take a lot of sauce from the pan to spoon on top of the chicken.
Dec 29, 2012
Aug 14, 2010
I doubt I will make this again, but if I do I will omit the cilantro.