Sesame Chicken with Ginger Shiitake Cream Sauce Recipe
The sauce on this dish is addictive. You will not be able to stop eating it! (Pamela's recipe was awarded first place in the Mushrooms Every Day, Every Way contest"Main Event" category.)—Pamela Gelsomini, Wrentham, Massachusetts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons wasabi mustard
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place sesame seeds in a shallow bowl; dip chicken in sesame seeds.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook and stir the mushrooms, ginger and garlic in soy sauce and butter for 3 minutes. Add cream and mustard; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 587 calories, 45g fat (17g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken with Ginger Shiitake Cream Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC