Sesame Chicken with Ginger Shiitake Cream Sauce
The sauce on this dish is addictive. You will not be able to stop eating it! (Pamela's recipe was awarded first place in the Mushrooms Every Day, Every Way contest"Main Event" category.)—Pamela Gelsomini, Wrentham, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons wasabi mustard
- Hot cooked rice
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place sesame seeds in a shallow bowl; dip chicken in sesame seeds.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir the mushrooms, ginger and garlic in soy sauce and butter for 3 minutes. Add cream and mustard; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce with chicken and rice.