Sesame Chicken Over Greens
"My teenage sons can't get enough of this dish," confides Diana Mullins of Lexington, Kentucky. "I like it, too. The grilled chicken strips make the salad hearty enough for a meal...but the assorted fresh veggies keep it nice and light."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- On four serving plates, divide the greens, red pepper, carrot, onions and olives. Thinly slice chicken and arrange over salad. Drizzle with ranch dressing; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 347 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Dec 19, 2015
Excellent! I added a balsamic glaze in addition to the ranch dressing as well as some celery for crunch.
Feb 24, 2014
So delicious! It is a little spicy, but we adjusted it to our tastes. Great recipe!