- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, oil, garlic and ginger. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on a greased broiler pan; set marinade aside. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 12-14 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- Meanwhile, strain the marinade. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, water, broth and marinade until smooth. Bring to a rolling boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. serve chicken and sauce over rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSesame Chicken Breasts
"I agree - the marinade needs something. The lemon juice was too much. Any ideas?"
"The chicken was good but the marinade was awful. I think the problem was the lemon. It needs tweaking."