Sesame Chicken and Noodles
Using sliced mushrooms and packaged cleaned baby spinach saves time when preparing this tasty dish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Toss with 1 tablespoon sesame oil; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the chicken, mushrooms, red pepper and garlic in remaining oil for 5-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Add the onions, sherry, ginger and spaghetti; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 358 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Chicken and Noodles in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005