Sesame Cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, celery, onion, garlic salt, seasoned salt and hot pepper sauce; beat until well blended. Shape into a ball; roll in sesame seeds. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (about 2-1/2 cups), 20 servings, 2 tablespoons per serving.
2 tablespoons: 83 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Cheese Ball
"I have been making this cheeseball for years. Sometimes I add a package of Knoor's vegetable soup mix. You may need to add some sour cream to make the consistancy right if you add the dry mix. I am making this recipe into individual cheeseballs about 1 inch in diameter for a Christmas party this year."